After wondering how I could use up some left over mustard in my fridge the other day, I came across this amazing recipe via the Yummly.com website. If you don’t have the Yummly App, then now is the time to go and download it! It is super easy to use and has some incredible recipes to suit anyone and everyone – and is especially useful when you’re stuck for dinner or even snack ideas.
This recipe was so easy to make and was delicious! All you need is 30 minutes, 1 pan and an appetite. It is a healthy dinner idea and goes perfectly paired with brown rice, quinoa or steamed green veges for a low carb option.
I took the time to analyse the recipe, and it provides approximately 212 Calories, 2.5g Fat 18g Carbs, and 22g Protein per serving for those interested.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4-6 chicken thighs
- ⅓ cup dijon mustard
- ⅓ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw organic apple cider vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- optional: Thyme for garnishing
- Grease a large skillet and cook chicken 5-8 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add to the pan (same pan you cooked the chicken in, no need to clean it out first) and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, add chicken, and toss chicken in the sauce to coat well.
- Garnish with thyme if desired and serve immediately.
Recipe and photos thanks to the creator Tiffany at www.lecremedelacrumb.com/