You don’t usually associate the words guilt free and chocolate together, but this raw chocolate slab will certainly leave you satisfied without feeling like you need to work off the calories later. I was so surprised when I tasted this little creation of mine, that I actually managed to create a healthy version of fruit and nut chocolate. Winning!
Dairy, gluten and refined sugar free, this paleo friendly treat ticks all the boxes. If you’re a chocoholic like me but have been looking for a healthier alternative, (without all the artificial sweeteners and the like) then this one is for you.
This recipe also makes for a perfect Christmas gift! Place pieces in a glass jar or cellophane, tie with a nice bow and voilà!
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 heaped Tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 Tablespoon honey (you can use honey or a mixture of honey and agave. I have also tried maple syrup but I found this to be too sickly sweet)
- 1 handful raw almonds, chopped
- 1 handful hazelnuts, chopped
- 1 handful goji berries
- 1 handful shredded coconut, plus extra for garnish
Mix coconut oil and cacao powder together until smooth. Add honey and stir until mixed through completely. Add almonds, hazelnuts, goji berries, and coconut and stir through the chocolate mixture.
Pour the mixture into a lined loaf tin or small dish pan and top with extra coconut. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes or until solid. Peel away the baking paper carefully. You should be left with a solid slab of chocolatey goodness. Break into preferred size pieces and enjoy. Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
* The great thing about this recipe is that you can make many different flavour combinations by using different nuts and dried fruit. Try substituting with cranberries, raisins, chopped walnuts, cashews or pistachios.