If you’re looking for a healthy and delicious snack, then this one is for you! With only TWO ingredients, this recipe is easy to make and the ingredients won’t cost you a fortune either.
Apples and cinnamon really do make a delicious combo, and aside from tasting great, they also both have huge nutritional benefits.
- High in fibre – important for digestion, blood sugar levels and weight control
- Low calorie – A medium sized apple has about 80 calories.
- Helps to lower cholesterol levels.
- Contains antioxidants. Red apples contain an antioxidant called quercetin which can help boost your immune system.
- Helps to regulate blood sugar levels
- Helps to lower LDL cholesterol levels
- A natural anti-fungal
- Has shown to reduce the proliferation of leukemia and lymphoma cancer cells.
With such a long list of health benefits, eating an apple a day – with a sprinkle of cinnamon of course – really could keep the doctor away! Add both apples and cinnamon into your diet by adding them to a smoothie, your morning cereal or porridge. Better yet, try this simple recipe including both apples and cinnamon for a healthy, nutritious and delicious snack.
- 2 apples
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Preheat oven to 110 degrees Celsius. Cut apples into very thin slices and remove any seeds. Cover a baking tray with baking paper and arrange the apple slices flat on the tray. Sprinkle the cinnamon evenly over the apple slices and bake for 30-45mins. Using tongs, flip the apple slices and bake for a further 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool down completely. For “crispier” apples, allow 1 hour for baking either side. Enjoy!