If you love ice cream – which lets face it, who doesn’t?! – then I have THE recipe for you! It might be sad to say, but coming across this recipe was probably the highlight of my week. It’s HEALTHY ice cream! HEALTHY I TELL YOU!!! “Healthy ice cream?” I hear you all ask. “Is there even such a thing?”. YES! No sugar, no milk, no eggs, no cream, no artificial flavours or colourings and completely dairy free and vegan friendly! And that’s not even the best part. With only 3 ingredients and no cooking or chilling time required, it’s almost embarrassing how simple it is to make. How ever will you thank me?! 😉
You can make this ice cream in as little as 5 mins if you have a sudden sweet craving, or whip it up ahead of time and store in the freezer. Enjoy!
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 Tablespoons organic natural peanut butter (you could also use almond or cashew nut butter)
- Water, to help with blending
- Put the frozen bananas and peanut butter into a food processor. (You could also slice the bananas first and freeze them in a bowl to make the blending process faster and easier). If you are using unsalted nut butter, add a pinch of sea salt.
- Blend together until the bananas break down into a soft-serve consistency. You can add a tablespoon or two of water to help with blending if necessary.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! For a firmer ice-cream, transfer the mixture to a sealed container and store in the freezer for 10 minutes and serve.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Let me know if you make it. I would love to see a photo! Feel free to pop one up on my Facebook page here!
Thanks to http://www.detoxinista.com for this recipe!