Packed with protein and the nine essential amino acids needed to support human life, this salad is a perfect main meal and is vegetarian friendly AND gluten free! Click here to read my post on Quinoa and its many health benefits, and find out other ways you can use “the mother of all grains”.
- 200g quinoa
- 3 TB olive oil
- 1 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 capsicums (red or yellow), cut into thick slices
- 200g baby courgettes, thickly sliced
- the zest and juice of 1 lemon
- a pinch of sugar
- a small bunch of flat leaf parsly, roughly chopped
- 200g feta cheese
- Cook the quinoa following pack instructions, drain well and set aside.
- Meanwhile heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Toss the onion and peppers with 1 tbsp of the oil and seasoning on a roasting tray, then roast for 15 mins.
- Toss the courgettes and garlic with the rest of the veg and roast for another 15 mins.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and mash with some seasoning. Stir in the remaining oil, lemon juice and zest and season with sugar to taste. Drizzle over the quinoa and toss together with the roasted vegetables and parsley. Crumble over the feta, toss gently again and serve.