Happy Wicked Wednesday everyone. I hope you all have had a good week so far and have some exciting plans ahead for the long weekend. For this Wicked Wednesdays recipe, I have chosen a Pink Ribbon inspired cupcake recipe in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. These cupcakes are a fantastic idea for doing some fundraising or even just to share with friends and family to support a good cause and further raise awareness. Why not make a batch this weekend when you have some much needed time off!
- 65g butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 50g butter, softened
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk
- a few drops of red food colouring
- Pink sprinkles, to decorate as desired
1. Heat oven to 160 degrees celcius on fan bake. Line 12-hole standard muffin tin with paper cases. Place butter, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
2. Sift in flours and slowly add the milk, and stir to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared cases to three-quarter fill the cases.
3. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of one cupcake comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
4. Whip the icing ingredients together in a bowl. Place the icing in a piping bag with a desired tip and ice the cupcakes in a spiral motion. Decorate as desired with sprinkles.