Squats are a fantastic exercise that work nearly every muscle in the lower body. Done properly, they primarily target the quadriceps, hamstrings, and gluteus maximus to tone the legs, lift the butt and make everyone envy you.
This exercise doesn’t require 3 easy payments of $49.95 plus package and handling and also doesn’t take up any space in the house. The squat can be performed without any equipment at all, so it is a perfect exercise to incorporate into a home workout routine – NO EXCUSES!
How to perform a squat:
1. Stand with your feet hip width apart.
2. Tighten and pull in your abdominal muscles.
3. Keep you back in a neutral position with your knees centered over your feet and lower your body down as if you were going to sit in a chair. Keep the motion slow.
4. Stop when your legs are parallel to the floor and stay in this position for a few seconds. Make sure your knees are behind the toes.
5. Press down into your heels and slowly return to the standing position.
6. Repeat the exercise 10-15 times for 2-3 sets. Make sure to breathe in as you lower your body down and breathe out as you return to the standing position.