Happy Wicked Wednesday everyone! Here is a healthier take on the old chocolate chip cookie recipe. This version is packed with fibre and even contains some veges! Enjoy!
• 3/4 cup whole-wheat flour
• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
• 1/4 cup canola oil
• 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 small jar (1/4 cup) carrot baby food
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup rolled oats
• 1 cup Raisin Bran cereal
• 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
• 1/4 cup white chocolate chips*
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line a large cookie sheet with baking paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
In a large bowl, combine butter, oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with an electric mixer. Add egg, carrot puree, and vanilla. Add in the flour mixture, then add in the oats, cereal, pecans, and white chocolate until fully incorporated. Dough will be slightly sticky and less solid than traditional cookie dough.
Scoop 2 tablespoons of batter and form into a ball; place on cookie sheet, leaving them a few inches apart. Spray a little cooking spray on the palm of your hand and flatten the cookies to about 1/4-inch thick.
Bake for 12 minutes, until cookies are fragrant but still soft. Let cookies cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
* For an less wicked version, take out the chocolate chips!