Its wicked Wednesday again, so here’s a healthy take on a yummy dessert that will help to get you through the week!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch salt
- 1/2 cup greek and yoghurt
- 4 tsp runny honey
- 4 “NICE” biscuits by Arnotts, crumbled (you could also use Ginger Nuts or a shortbread biscuit)
In a non-stick pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and saute the apples for 4 minutes. Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt; cook for 1-2 more minutes (or longer if you want your apples really soft.) Transfer to a plate or bowl to cool.
Evenly distribute the apple mixture and yoghurt (drizzle with honey), alternating layers, among 4 dessert cups. Sprinkle with the crumbled “Nice” biscuit and a pinch more cinnamon and honey if you wish. YUM!