Tomato and Chickpea Curry
A big thank you to Jenna who sent in this weeks recipe! This vegetarian friendly curry is low in fat and high in both fibre and vitamin C. Plus with the added turmeric, cumin and ginger, this meal is great for the liver and has huge anti-inflammatory properties.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil – optional if you have a non stick fry pan
- 1 red or brown onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (or you can use 1tsp pre crushed garlic)
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 -2 Heaped teaspoons of pesto (optional)
- 1 can of chickpeas – drained
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
Heat the oil in a fry pan. Add the garlic, ginger and diced onion and brown.
Add the tomatoes and drained chickpeas and simmer. Add all spices and heat through.
Serve with white or brown rice.
This is a super fast, easy and cheap meal to make so give it a whirl! For the meat eaters out there, Jenna recommends adding some diced chicken to the recipe. ENJOY!