Using chicken, FIVE vegetables, and light coconut milk, this is a great warming winter meal!
Thai Coconut Chicken Stir-fry
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (or 1tsp minced garlic)
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 1 large red capsicum, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 small courgette, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 cups cooked brown or white rice, to serve
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium heat. Stir-fry the chicken for 2 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Add onion, capsicum and courgette.
Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until capsicum has softened. Add mushroom and beans. Stir-fry for 1 minute and return chicken to wok.
Add coconut milk, stock, fish sauce and lime. Allow to simmer until chicken and sauce is heated through. Serve with rice.